Wednesday, August 4, 2010



So I decided to go on a spending hiatus. Well at the very least a budget. No more credit cards. No more debit cards. I will be using strictly cash. I'm going to allow myself $100.00 a week for our weekly expenses. Those weekly expenses will be made up of strict necessities. With maybe an ice cream cone thrown in for the kids here and there. I plan to continue this little experiment for one month starting on Sunday.

We constantly struggle with the fact that we are just making it on our salaries. But then I look around I see so much waste. Mountains of toys. Drawers full of clothes with tags still on it. Expired food in the pantry. I feel like I need to cleanse myself and my family of this. Lately I've really been looking for ways to enjoy the simple things. However I never seem to have time for this. I wonder if all this material stuff is part of the reason. Maybe this experiment will help show me if that's the case.


I'll let you know how it goes! Wish me luck!!!



photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61417318@N00/4438981088/

No comments:

Post a Comment